[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
In this episode you will learn about whether to sell services or products.
Rand Fishkin is an the founder of Moz and author of “Lost and Founder”.
This is the 143rd session of Smart Brand Marketing.
MY BIGGEST TAKEAWAY:
Investors are very against service types businesses due to the multiples they will get on an exit… even if having a service component makes sense for the business.
- Competitive differentiation
- Why is it that so few consulting businesses successfully launch a product?
- Your own tool vs creating something new
- Network effect and investing
- Who will end up making more?
- Productized services
- Method for making decisions
- Where to build traffic
- The affiliate model is in danger
- Dealing with the highs and lows
RAND IN ACTION
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so I can contact you later on and say thanks!