Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Christopher Gimmer joins the 46th session of Smart Brand Marketing.
I often wonder why people choose to become middle man. My marketing teacher in college used to say that its the best possible outcome but I do not think so. I find that being in control over you product, collecting all of the residuals and owning the sales process is much more important to me. Chris owns a marketplace for Bootstrap themes. I wanted to find out more about what it is like starting and running it and so we jumped on a call.
- How does one start a marketplace with themes
- How long before any traction occurs
- What are the margins like
- How successful he was with upsells and affiliate plays
- The size of the staff needed
- Customer service issues
- Keeping track of what to pay out to who
- Why not build your own themes
- Working with a co-founder
- Upsells & use of mailing list
- Developing a Saas app (cost,time & challenges)
- Backlinko (skyscraper technique)
- Bootstrap Bay Blog: Where to get free stock photos
- Christopher Gimmer (Twitter)
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
To get more SBM content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so I can contact you later on and say thanks!
If you enjoyed this episode you may also love listening to: