Christopher Gimmer joins the 46th session of Smart Brand Marketing.
I often wonder why people choose to become middle man. My marketing teacher in college used to say that its the best possible outcome but I do not think so. I find that being in control over you product, collecting all of the residuals and owning the sales process is much more important to me. Chris owns a marketplace for Bootstrap themes. I wanted to find out more about what it is like starting and running it and so we jumped on a call.
- How does one start a marketplace with themes
- How long before any traction occurs
- What are the margins like
- How successful he was with upsells and affiliate plays
- The size of the staff needed
- Customer service issues
- Keeping track of what to pay out to who
- Why not build your own themes
- Working with a co-founder
- Upsells & use of mailing list
- Developing a Saas app (cost,time & challenges)
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
Also, reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! I read each and every one of them, and feel free to share your URL there so I can contact you later on and say thanks!
If you enjoyed this episode you may also love listening to: