Creating courses and selling them online to make money is becoming very popular these days. With the demand for quality and premium courses on the increase, there is a great opportunity in the eLearning market.
The sector is currently witnessing exponential growth that is expected to create a total value of $375 billion by 2026. This is a far cry from its 2019 valuation of $200 billion. Digital education is one of the massive breakthroughs of the internet. College students, working professionals, businessmen, entrepreneurs, and unemployed people looking to up skill themselves to become more equipped in their respective fields.
Many people are inquisitive about how to make money creating courses. This is a guide to how to make money selling courses online.
The quick guide on how to sell courses online:
Making money through online courses comes down to following a simple method.
The following steps can quickly help you get started on your journey.
1. Create your online course: The first step to making money online through selling courses is to create your first course. Now, you should be careful about the niche that you choose. Try to focus on a topic that you know your target market will love.
- It should have hungry buyers.
- You need to know how to get in front of them.
- Your offer should be valuable and competitive.
- The pricing needs to sustain your course marketing efforts
- External motivation is a plus
If you want to make a lot of money from your courses, you should focus on creating multiple courses.
Each problem you solve will create new ones. Lead prospects into the supplementary offerings that solve them.
Your courses can be in the form of text, audio, or video. However, the most preferred means of online courses is the video format.
On the higher end you might have to offer some sort of live component.
2. Choose a platform to sell your course: If you are looking to make money creating courses online, you will need to choose a dedicated online course platform. This is a place where you can host, give, and sell the courses to buyers. This platform usually helps you manage the entire process of selling your courses online.
It will help you manage the marketing process, the payment processing, and many other issues concerning your online courses.
If you’re not confident in the marketing part. There are many marketplaces available to help you sell your course such as Coursera, Fiverr Learn, Linkedin Learn, Udemy, and so on.
You can also hire an expert to market your course for you.
3. Make people aware about your course: Creating and uploading your courses to an online platform will not help you make any sales. You will have to promote and market your courses rigorously to look for buyers. When it comes to promoting your online courses, there are several methods that you can use.
- Blogging: Blogging is one way that you can make people know about your online courses. You could optimize your blogs with SEO to increase their visibility within search engines.
- Social Media: Whether you’re using organic or paid efforts.
- YouTube or TikTook videos: Creating educational, entertaining or viral videos is another way that can be used to promote and market your online courses.
- Affiliate marketing: This is another way of getting people to buy your courses by using affiliates who get commissions on each sale.
4. Create more courses: As you are making a few sales, you may want to consider creating more videos on different other courses. Your buyers may like your content and may want to increase their skills with any available video in your portfolio. This is why it is important to have multiple offers present.
Purchase courses to resell: Once you have a thriving business it might be time to step away from doing it all yourself. The most successful creators outsource everything from course production, training, customer service and marketing. A few simply partner up with other creators and pay them to create additional courses. It’s an easy way to build a business that runs on its own and is possible to sell at a good multiple (5-10x annual earnings).