April Finds (money, trends, docu, advice)
Here’s what I want to share this month:
- Edtech (online course) Trends 2022
Thinkific did a great job researching these and if you are selling a course I recommend at least skimming through it. To start they have seen an increase in enrollments of over 250% since 2019, and that number has continued climbing. Grab it here.
- Advice from a 70 year old
There’s a lot of gold here. A couple excerpts:
- About 99% of the time, the right time is right now.
- Dont keep making the same mistakes; try to make new mistakes.
- If winning becomes too important in a game, change the rules to make it more fun. Changing rules can become the new game.
- F**K You Money
A different perspective (and I’d say a correct one) on what having this looks like.
- Explorer: The Last Tepui Trailer
A group of elite group explorers and athletes tries to deliver Bruce Means (who wants to complete his life mission), an 80 year old biologist and National Geographic explorer to the top of the “island in the sky” known as tepui. I couldn’t stop watching.
- Sal Khan’s New Idea on Testing
He is the founder of the Kahn Academy. In this 10 min video introduces he introduces his vision of how to test students. The problem with school is that tests feel like a form of insane judgment, which make students nervous and insecure. Tests should be matter-of-fact instead. Teach for mastery instead of passing tests.